Read more about our Fitting and Mapping service HERE
The Link G4+ range of engine management systems are already well known for delivering class-leading performance without sacrificing factory levels of drivability.
The G4+ plug-in ECUs are designed to be the most complete plug-in solution yet.
This Honda plug-in ECU will save you time and money as it will plug straight into the vehicle’s original wiring loom without the need for messy adaptor harnesses. It replaces the original circuit board inside the factory ECU enclosure and mounts using the factory brackets.
This Link G4+ Honda plug-in ECU is suitable for the models listed below:
- 1992 JDM Acura Integra “XSi” (DA6)
- 1991–1994 JDM Honda Civic Sir/SiRII (EG6)
- 1991–1993 JDM Honda Civic Ferio SiR (EG9)
- 1992–1995 JDM Honda CRX Del sol SiR (EG2)
- Most other B, D and H series powered Hondas from 1992-1995 (must be ODB1)
All Link G4+ plug-in ECUs come with a base map. While these maps are designed to help save time for you and your tuner, it is essential that these are used simply as a starting point for further tuning.
The engine can easily be converted to speed density by removing the air flow meter and instead using a suitable MAP and air temperature sensor. Likewise, this ECU can also be setup to control boost electronically with in-cabin adjustment. This eliminates the need to purchase a separate electronic boost control system.
The vehicle’s original sensors & actuators are used except for the following exceptions:
- MAP sensor – The factory MAP sensor is supported by the G4+ Honda 92-95 plug-in. This is suitable for up to 175kpa (11psi) boost. If more boost is intended to be used a higher rated sensor can be connected to the existing wires.
- Inlet Air Temp Sensor (IAT) -The factory IAT sensor is supported. To avoid issues of heat soak an alternative IAT sensor can be fitted just prior to the throttle body & connected to the existing IAT wires .
- Electronic Boost Control – For turbo applications, a suitable boost controller must be fitted. If in-cabin boost adjustment is required then a boost knob or boost switch is also needed. These can all be connected to the expansion connector of the ECU using the XS Loom.
- Injectors – The G4+ plug in is NOT designed to be used with low impedance injectors. All of the models this G4+ plug is designed for use high impedance injectors so no changes are necessary. However if low impedance aftermarket injectors have been fitted then the correct ballast resistors MUST be fitted.
While the G4+ fully supports the factory distributed ignition there is also the option of upgrading to a 4 coil system for enhanced ignition performance. Contact us for information on the parts and setup to achieve this.
Extra sensor inputs
The expansion connector on the Link G4+ board is provided to allow the easy connection of additional ECU inputs. The expansion connector provides the following:
- 5V Supply
- Sensor Ground
- 1 digital inputs
- 3 analogue voltage inputs
- 1 auxiliary output (0.5A current MAX)
- 1 analogue temperature inputs
These may be used for functions such as driver adjustable boost control, switchable fuel/ignition maps, wideband lambda input, external MAP sensor, IAT sensor, fuel pressure and oil temp/pressure.
Any redundant outputs may be reconfigured & used for alternative uses. Examples include, shift light, water injection, NOS control etc